
We made it to 5 weeks, but how did it sneak up so fast? Matt and I were just talking about how it feels like we just brought him home from the hospital, and he's already more than a month old. Now that we're at the 5 week mark our little guy seems to think that he's about 5 months old. The last couple of days he's been sleeping less and less during the day and then winding up exhausted and fussy. Remembering the book a good friend gave me as a shower gift, I pulled it out to get some guidelines on what I could expect at this point. As I read on it confirmed that at 6 weeks is the peek of crying and fussiness and things should get better after that. However, it also said that things would get better 6 weeks after the baby's due date, not the day they were born. That means an extra 2 weeks for us because Cal was almost 2 weeks early. On top of that, Cal has gotten into the habit of needing to nurse in order to fall asleep. Not a bad thing for me, but not so great when I go back to work in less than two weeks and he's with my mom during the day. So we have some sleep issues that we're working through, but we'll make it work. We always do.
I didn't know you had a blog...welcome to a wonderful way to keep people updated about your little one. I know I'll be checking in! :-)
ReplyDelete