Monday, July 13, 2009

Summer Fun







It's been a little while since I blogged, but it's only because we're so busy now that summer has started. I love being able to spend everyday with Cal and watching him grow and change each day. He's getting so big and he's curious about so many things now. He had his four month well-baby check-up last week and the doctor said he's growing and developing well. He does have some eczema on his face, behind his ears, and on the back of his legs and arms. We're treating it with hydrocortisone and some mild and sensitive lotions and soaps. Before going to the doctor he was scratching his face all the time and leaving marks all over his poor face. The hydrocortisone seems to really be helping because he hasn't been scratching his face nearly as much. Now we can finally get his four month pictures done! He's still pulling on his ears though, I think out of habit more than anything else. However, all of this pulling and scratching has made it difficult to get him sleeping in his own room in his crib. Matt and I are always so worried he's going to scratch himself that he still sleeps in our room, and usually ends up in our bed. We're working on it though.



Matt's been working at the Oakland Zoo this summer as a Zoo Camp counselor. Cal and I went to visit him there, and Cal loved his first visit to the zoo!



I have been taking a few online classes and working on keeping the house cleaned up and put together. There's always so much to do, I'm wondering how I'm going to get it all done once school starts back up! We'll have to keep everyone posted.


No comments:

Post a Comment